06 November 2010

My Very First Cookie Jar

I believe in full disclosure, so let's just get this out in the open. I'm 23 years old, and I've never had a cookie jar. *GASP* Now that we've established my deprived childhood, I can tell you that I now have a cookie jar! It was a great garage sale find one sunny Saturday morning. It even has an awesome clasp-latch closure (there's probably a technical name for that.) Since, we had a new cookie jar, the obvious next step was to make cookies to put inside.



This was my first time using the Kitchen-Aid mixer too. I made a big mess with the flour. Oops. My skills have been honed since that incident. I now keep most of ingredients inside the mixing bowl.





We even took a plate over to our neighbor who had just moved in next door. (I strongly believe in friendships with a foundation built on food bribes.)

1 comment:

  1. ooh, I love that cookie jar! And your cookies look amazing. I would definitely be friends with the person who made those cookies.

    ReplyDelete